Before you begin to look for a place to volunteer, consider the following questions so that you can determine what opportunities provide the best match for your skills, interests and lifestyle.
- How much time do you want to invest?
- When are you available to volunteer?
- Do you have transportation to the volunteer site?
- Are you interested in a specific issue or cause?
- Is there a friend you can ask to join you?
- Do your friends or family have experience volunteering, and do they have suggestions or contacts?