County of Orange employees can obtain wage and employment verifications through THE WORK NUMBER when applying for a loan, buying a car, renting an apartment, and other needs. It’s available 24/7 so that you can get the decisions you need when you need them.
To help your verifier obtain an employment verification on you, please direct them to https://theworknumber.com/ where they can create an account and pull this information. The Work Number, by visiting https://employees.theworknumber.com/employment-data-report to learn more.
Here’s How it Works:
- County of Orange’s payroll department securely transmits wage and employment information to THE WORK NUMBER at the end of each payroll period so the information stays current.
- When you apply for credit or other services where employment verification is required, you provide consent for the creditor to verify the information when signing the application.
- The verifier uses THE WORK NUMBER to obtain your wage and employment information.
- The verifier must report a permissible purpose for requesting the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- The verifier can obtain your information within seconds, accelerating the decision process and helping you obtain the credit you deserve.
- Access and manage your employment and income data stored in The Work Number® database. You can start by logging in to view your information electronically. It’s a simpler and faster way to review your information: https://employees.theworknumber.com/
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the Employer Code?
This code identifies our organization with The Work Number. It can be searched by typing in our company name or you can use the employer code 157185 to access.
If someone needs proof of my employment – what do I do?
If the banker, the property manager, the car dealer or caseworker asks you how much money you make or to prove where you work, just tell them to go to www.theworknumber.com. Why? Because your employer has picked The Work Number to provide this information so you can get the decisions you need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Get Access to your Employment Data Report (EDR):
Your Employment Data Report (EDR), a consumer report from The Work Number, provides your current and historical employment and income information on The Work Number database, as well as a list of all verifiers who have requested your information in the previous two years. Because The Work Number database is governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the EDR is available to you for free.
See something that doesn't look right? Ask for Data Dispute Assistance:
If you notice something wrong or inaccurate on your Employment Data Report (EDR) call The Work Number Employee Service Center for assistance or select the Dispute Center tab once logged in:
- 866-222-5880 M-F 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (ET)
- TTY- hearing impaired: 800-424-0253
The Employer Code is 157185
If someone needs help? (including mortgage lenders, property leasing, financial institutions, a government agency, etc.)