How we commute to work impacts local traffic, air quality and often our stress level. To help you find better and easier ways to commute from home to work, Human Resource Services has created the OC Rideshare Program – here are ways that we can help with your commute:
- START CARPOOLING — To help you find the right commuting partner, we’ll add you to the regional RideMatch website that will provide a RideGuide with carpool matching, vanpool opportunities and transit route details. With this tool, you can contact others interested in carpooling or vanpooling to work.
- Also, if you START A NEW VANPOOL, you could be eligible for a $300 incentive when you lease an authorized vanpool vehicle.
- Are you interested in TRYING THE TRAIN OR BUS? This program provides a reimbursement of your OC Bus or Metrolink train pass for the first three months! You can submit receipts and be reimbursed on your paycheck for 75% of the cost for the first month, and 50% for the second month and then 25% for the third month.
- It is easy to pay for bus, train or vanpool fares with the COMMUTER CHOICE PRE-TAX PROGRAM! You can purchase transit, train or vanpool “tickets” through payroll deduction and reduce your overall taxable income by up to $280 per month – enroll and start saving!
- Thinking about purchasing or leasing an electric vehicle or a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle? If you do, you may be eligible for a $100 incentive through the GET A CHARGE program.
- JOIN THE CLUB! If you carpool, vanpool, take the train or bus, drive and EV/PHEV, bicycle or walk to work you can register for Club Rideshare. Members are eligible for monthly drawings, merchant discounts and other contests plus a monthly e-Bulletin that highlights additional discounts, alerts and fun things for rideshare participants.
- GUARANTEED RIDE HOME -- If an emergency arises on a day that you rideshare to work, we’ll reimburse you for a ride home using a taxi, rental or ride hailing service up to two time per year. Send in your receipt and the GRH Claim Form and you could be eligible for reimbursement of the cost – see GRH OVERVIEW for more details and the types of emergencies that qualify.
- DO YOU LIVE IN THE INLAND EMPIRE? — Whether you’re thinking about starting to rideshare or are already doing so, you may be eligible for one or more of IE COMMUTER incentive programs. These incentives are offered by RCTC and SBCTA (not sponsored by the County of Orange) to employees that reside in either San Bernardino or Riverside County.